Old August 29th 05, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Gareth Packer Gareth Packer is offline

Default Piccadilly Line - Emma Clarke Announcements

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 00:44:08 +0100, "Andy" wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:24:23 GMT, "Gareth Packer"
wrote:

Not sure how Bombardier would feel about the IPR of
the Central Line trains being "stolen" to inform the design of the
Piccadilly Line trains.

What would you want of the design of the 92TS? The far too powerfull
traction system. DTS. The famous motor bracket!!

I didn't say LU or Bombardier wanted anything from the 92 stock. Mr
Packer made the remark that Picc Line trains would incorporate elements
from 92 and 95/96 stock but you have deleted his text in your response
thus rendering my comments fairly meaningless.
--
Paul C

Indeed.

I appreciate your comments with regards to the "future of LUL." It
definately helped to clear up the facts anyway.

I must say, with reference to Andy's comment however that I am a fan of the
92, it remains my favourite stock on the network. The acceleration may be
more savaging than other stocks, however acceleration for me is faster in /
faster out and better frequency, which is good in my book.

I too have rode in a "new look" District line train, Im not their biggest
fan it must be said. I far prefer modern technology and new idea's and
designs, although I know that *generally* they are not favoured with the
Drivers.

Thanks again for the remarks.

Gareth