Old August 29th 05, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Gas (petrol) prices, and public transport.

Martin Underwood (a@b) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

Despite the current high price of gas, it has not risen as fast as
inflation.

I'm surprised that it's risen at less than the rate of inflation.
Since I started keeping records of my fuel consumption and fuel
charges, the price has risen from about 45 pence to 95 pence between
1993 and 2005. So that's just over a 100% increase in 12 years or an
average of about 9% per year. I wonder what the average rate of
inflation has been over that period?

RPI was 137.9 at Jan 1993 and 192.2 at Jul 2005.

According to that, fuel prices have risen *much* faster than inflation.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/STATBAS...9&More=N&All=Y