Old August 30th 05, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Gas (petrol) prices, and public transport.

In message , at 15:26:22 on Tue, 30 Aug
2005, Paul Terry remarked:

My thoughts exactly. The OP was clutching at straws.

Eh? I have no idea whether the cost of car ownership is higher here
than the USA or not - I have no axe to grind either way!

I was merely pointing out, in the context of setting motoring expenses
against tax, that we have the MOT here, just as the American poster
said he has an annual auto inspection (the latter is generally only a
fraction of the cost of an MOT, incidentally).

Is the MOT a "tax", though? We have established that it doesn't incur
sales tax (aka VAT).