Old August 30th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Well done Highways Agency (!)

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:00:58 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote in :

They'd have to be pretty quick about it - neither acetone nor hydrogen
peroxide are known for their propensity to sit about quietly in nice
convenient puddles.

Acetone's not that volatile, as organic liquids go. I used to
have, ooh... minutes of fun with an open wide-mouthed acetone container
and a thin tube ducked into a container of liquid nitrogen. The tube
would spit out small droplets of LN2 which would then skate around like
billiard balls on the surface of the acetone, leaving little vapour trails
to mark their passage. The limit was my boredom level, not the
disappearance of the acetone.

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN