Old August 30th 05, 09:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default Commuting from London to Oxford for Work

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:15:49 +0100, steve
wrote:

I was more commenting on the suggestion of getting a bus to Gloucester
Green station from the rail station.

The X5 twice an hour, though I don't know if they allow such short
journeys on what is basically a regional coach service.

That aside, it really isn't *that* far. Unless I had lots of luggage
(in which case there are plenty of taxis to hand) I'd walk.

Yes, it's not that far from the railway station to Gloucester Green. And
it's not as if you have to wait long to cross Hythe Bridge Street near the
Worcester Street car park: the pedestrian lights on the bend seem to spend
more time at green for pedestrians than green for cars :-(

I can walk right from Binsey Lane (free one hour parking or even 24 hour
parking if you're lucky) to the Library in about 15 minutes - but then I
walk fast!

Has Gloucester Green always been just for long-distance buses or did
all/most buses call there at one time. For some reason, the concept of
having one central place where you can guarantee all buses will stop seems
to have fallen out of favour in most towns these days.