Old August 30th 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robert Woolley Robert Woolley is offline

Default Oyster pre-pay penalty for incomplete journeys at NR terminals

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:44:50 +0100, Dave Arquati
wrote:

The scenario where the card apparently doesn't work but then a staff
member asks you to touch the card on the reader is a significant
problem, IMO. That happened to my friend with his unregistered Oyster;
he was charged £1.70 for a journey he didn't make, and despite speaking
to ticket office staff at two different stations, both said he had to
call the helpline instead - which, of course, wouldn't refund the money
because the card was unregistered. I didn't really understand why not.

Potentially not a full enough audit trail?

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk