Old August 30th 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Gas (petrol) prices, and public transport.

Martin Underwood wrote:
"Iain" wrote in message
"Martin Underwood" a@b wrote in
:

There are two ring roads around London.

Three. Besides the M25 and North/South Circulars, there's the
inner ring road, which is currently (almost) co-incident with the
outer perimiter of the congestion charge zone. Much like the North
Circ used to be (and the South Circ still is), it's a collection
of roads that happen to form a circumference around "central"
London, rather than being a purpose-built ring-road.

True. I don't tend to think of Marylebone Road / Euston Road / City
Road as being a ring road, but looking at a map it is. I suppose
you could continut it into south London as Borough Road,
Westminster Bridge, Victoria Road, Park Lane and Edgware Road to
get back to the starting point.

Well, you *could* route the Ring Road that way, but the actual route is
via Tower Bridge and Vauxhall Bridge, and has been for decades. Why
would you want to change it?

--
Richard J.