Old August 31st 05, 09:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Piccadilly Line - Emma Clarke Announcements

What would you want of the design of the 92TS? The far too powerfull
traction system. DTS. The famous motor bracket!!

That was a badly designed bit of support structure , not a badly
designed traction system. In fact , because the 92TS has motors on
every
bogie then in theory (and I think in fact tho I'm not sure) they could
be
less powerful and produce less wear on the running gear than a unit
that has a smaller number of high power motors only in certain cars.
Not to mention better traction because all wheels are motored. I'm sure
Alstom had a good reason for using the old style power car - trailer
car
design (price?) instead of doing the same as the 92 stock, anyone know
what it was?

B2003