Old September 1st 05, 02:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Gareth Packer Gareth Packer is offline

Default HST at Waterloo today

"Neil Hitchens" wrote in message
Today's unfortunate incident with the Heathrow Express threw up a really
weird sight at Waterloo.

As I was waiting for my much delayed train home, there on Platform 17 was

full HST set doing a non-stop shuttle to Reading - timed for 18:09 in this
case.

Magnificent and it also made we wonder why they have never thought of
running these to Exeter from Waterloo...... (OK, perhaps yes, the old LSWR
track was never really as good as the GWR lines to the South West)......?

Only downside was I didn't have a camera to records this.......

HST as in the Intercity 125 used previously (and although limited currently)
by Midland Main Line?