Old September 1st 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster pre-pay penalty for incomplete journeys at NR terminals

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:28:14 +0200, "Skokkie"
wrote:

And I thought these things were supposed to make travel less complicated.

They are, but I don't believe they will until the fares structure is
totally recast to make their (exclusive?) use make sense.

A paper-based fares structure does not translate well to smartcard
use, unless a virtual ticket is loaded before travel. I strongly
suspect that the National Rail version, when it happens, will be of
the latter type - can you imagine trying to implement PrePay on the
messy NR fares structure?

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain