Old August 30th 03, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

David H Wild wrote:
In article ,
Richard J. wrote:
BBC reports that the Greenwich standby generator is "designed to
power safety lights in trains and stations".

The Times said something similar this morning. It seems we may have
been seriously misled about the capability of the Greenwich power
station. All this stuff about LU's legal obligation to have a second
power supply. Not much good if it can't run the trains.

But it would be an absolute disaster if passengers were to be
evacuated from trains into unlit stations.

Of course. That's why Seeboard Powerlink has installed battery lighting in
all stations.
--
Richard J.