Old September 2nd 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Oyster pre-pay penalty for incomplete journeys at NR terminals

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:06:05 +0100, asdf
wrote:

Route- and TOC-specific fares would have to go,
but how many of those are there entirely within the TfL zones?

I was referring to the entire national network, not the expansion of
Oyster onto NR within London. There is a proposal for a National Rail
smartcard unconnected with Oyster (though it may use the same
standard). Oyster Pre-Pay on London NR will probably be accompanied
with a "Verbundtarif" harmonising fares between NR and LUL completely.

You'd
also need to be able to store a Railcard on your Oyster.

It would be the ideal implementation of Railcards, as it would be
impossible to purchase and use a ticket without one.

Perhaps the biggest obstacle would be the need to install validators
at all stations if you were doing a "pre-pay style" setup. Can you
imagine one being installed at Reddish South? Or Kempston Hardwick?

I suspect that if it happens it will involve loading a ticket (or
tickets) onto the card before departure.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain