Old September 7th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dowager dowager is offline

Default Why so slow between East Dulwich and Peckham Rye

Martin J wrote:
Hi,
I think its over the last month, but trains southbound are very
obviously going slower than before over this stretch.
What's the matter?
Martin J.

I think they've been renewing the track on that stretch (that's why there've
been weekend closures for, oooh, far too long now).

Funny thing is I thought they only put speed restrictions on new track for a
week or two, but it seems to be the very same section of track that's been
on a 'go-slow' on for ages now.

Anyone know any better?