Old September 7th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim \(moved to sweden\) tim \(moved to sweden\) is offline

Default Victoria Revamp

wrote in message
ups.com...

marcb wrote:
wrote:

There was much on the news last night about the £500M revamp at
Victoria and the increse in capacity. Surely you can only increase
capacity buy increasing the frequency of trains or increasing the
carrying capacity or have I missed something.

Kevin

I had the same thought - I think there are only four platforms for
Victoria and Circle/District. and most people won't want Victora
southbound...

M.
I don't know about the District/Circle but the Victoria lines platforms
are already packed to overflowing. How is increasing the passenger
tunnel capacity going to help. I would have thought that £500M would
have been better spent incresing train length to give extra capacity
which would also help in loading unloading times therefore increasing
frequency.

I don't know if this is in the current plan, but the original
congestion busting proposal is to have a second platform
on the opposite side to separate the joining/alighting pax
flows

tim