Old September 8th 05, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Google crap

wrote:
Laurence Payne wrote:
On 7 Sep 2005 13:41:43 -0700, "
wrote:

Am I the only one who, when trying to post a message to this
Newsgroup writes it out carefully, and when submitting it, is
told to "log in" and then the message is lost?

What a load of crap. Surely there must be a better way of being
asked to sign on BEFORE writing a message which is then lost when
trying to sign on.

Now you know to log on first, what's the problem?

The problem is, Laurence, that (unless someone explains how) I
cannot "log on" first - the screen shows no such option, only when
I press the "Post message" button.

You must be using a different interface to the one I see. If I don't
sign in, using the members' sign-in link on the left of every page, and
I click on Reply, it says "You must sign in to Google to complete the
previous action."

If you go to
http://groups.google.com , there is a "Members: sign in"
link about half way down the screen on the left-hand side.

You're not using a toy browser like Firefox, are you?
--
Richard J.