Old September 10th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] alexterrell@yahoo.com is offline

Default Inevitable Cycle Fiasco

Clive wrote:
In message , Paul Terry
writes
Possibly they already are - a friend of mine got an on-the-spot £30
fine for riding his bike on the (wide) pavement of Bayswater Road last
week. Apparently he rode straight towards the policeman - foolish man!

If he knows it's stupid to ride towards a policeman, then he knows it's
wrong at all times.
--

It's not ideal, but certainly there are some parts of the road where
it's not safe to cycle on the road, leaving the pavement as the only

If local authorities made descent provision for cyclists like they do
in Holland and Germany, then this wouldn't be an issue. Certainly
Tunbridge Wells is purely car focused, and makes no consideration for
cyclists, apart from throwing some paint on to the road.

(There's one road with about 4,000 school children, the majority of
whom are driven to school, partly because its a dangerous road with no
cycle path. As a result its blocked with cars during school run time)