Old September 10th 05, 06:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Inevitable Cycle Fiasco

In message , Clive
writes

If he knows it's stupid to ride towards a policeman, then he knows it's
wrong at all times.

Indeed he does, and has paid the £30 as a result. But similar flouting
of the law is extremely widespread. I live close to the South Circular
and see perhaps as many as 1 driver in 3 using a mobile phone at the
wheel - only yesterday I was almost knocked down on our nearest
pedestrian crossing by someone who was so engrossed in her phone
conversation that she not only failed to observe that she was
approaching a pedestrian crossing but that also three people were
already halfway across.

The law needs to be applied vigorously to everyone who flouts their
responsibilities to others - not just "easy targets" such as cyclists.

--
Paul Terry