Old August 31st 03, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Matthew Malthouse Matthew Malthouse is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:41:44 +0100 Road Runner wrote:
} Nick Cooper wrote:
}
} On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 04:00:20 +0100, Road Runner
} wrote:
}
} Depresion wrote:
}
} Why isn't this plastered across all the US news channels the way there power cut
} was across all of ours?
}
} A 34 minute power failure affecting 10m people is far less serious
} than an 8 hour power failure affecting 50m people.
}
} Let's not kid ourselves - if those times and numbers had been
} reversed, _we_ would still have heard of the events in the US, but
} most Americans would be blissly unaware of what happened here. Yanks
} don't do "foreign," remember.
}
} The whole of England and Wales blacked out for eight hours? I bet the
} Yanks would have heard about that!

"Hey, why's there no lights on the aircraft carrier?"

Matthew
--
Záhid sharáb píné dé, masjid mein baith kar
ya woh jagah batá dé jahán Khudá na ho.