Old September 11th 05, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Routemaster heritage route contracts awarded

Colin McKenzie wrote:
wrote:
5+5+3 = 16??

Or is this just another example of the moronic inability of the twits
now running London Transpport being even unable to do simple
arithmetic?

3 spares per route, presumably.

I think this is too infrequent and starts too late. The best hope is
to try and get them crush-loaded so that they have to raise the
frequency. They'd better keep track of the other 'clean-engined' RMs
for when they need them. Though personally I'd be in favour of making
up the numbers with regular guest vehicles, even if not technically
'clean-engined', to give a bit of variety.

Colin McKenzie

I like your idea - it would be good to see other vehicle types, eg. RTs
and RFs guesting too.

Any word on whether the RMs will be returned to 'London Transport'
livery?