Old September 11th 05, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default Inevitable Cycle Fiasco

In message , Neil Williams
writes
Someone who does not drive, and does not intend to drive, is not in any
way punished by having points on a theoretical driving licence, unless
a licence was also issued for cycling and withdrawn when 12 points were
reached as with a car licence.

Sorry, don't buy it, if you can't be legal with a bike why should you be
trusted with a car.

Read my post, as quoted above, again. That comment, while making a
reasonable point, is irrelevant to the point I am making.

I read your point, and I don't buy into it. Otherwise we might as well
have separate licences for mopeds etc. and when you get banned from one
means of transport you just swop to the next. I do agree though that
all cyclists should have licences which when taken away would prohibit
further use until the ban expired. Making a level playing field.
--
Clive