Old September 11th 05, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] alexterrell@yahoo.com is offline

Default Inevitable Cycle Fiasco

Clive wrote:
In message . com,
writes
It's not ideal, but certainly there are some parts of the road where
it's not safe to cycle on the road, leaving the pavement as the only
safe option. I've cycled slowly on the pavement when carrying a child
on the back. In this instance I'd rather risk a fine than an accident.

Cycling on the path is illegal and should be fined. If you don't think
the road is safe why should pedestrians feel safe with you riding on it?
Ever heard of get off and push until you can rejoin the road?
--

Because when on the pavement I cycle at about 5mph, which is pretty
safe. Pushing a bike with a child on the back is not that safe, as the

If the local authority put in some bike paths, there wouldn't be a
problem for cars or pedestrians.