Old September 12th 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Brian Watson Brian Watson is offline

Default Google crap

"Laurence Payne" wrote in message
On 8 Sep 2005 08:53:22 -0700, "peter" wrote:

You could try a proper newsreader, instead of using Google?

Not if your employer blocks port 119 at the firewall

Or if you're on AOL, which has decided no-one uses news so they're
doing everyone a favour by turning off the news server.

You're right, AOL are doing everyone a favour. They are persuading their
customers to sign up with a proper ISP that offers a comprehensive service.

For no reason that I can discern, they block all my emails. No other ISP
does. Funny that.

--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."