Old September 14th 05, 03:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default Inevitable Cycle Fiasco

In message , Steve Peake
writes
Take the A4, cycle lanes down both sides, but on light controlled
junctions either one row of traffic or the other always has priority
meaning that there is no safe way to cross over using the cycle
path(psychopath), other then dismounting, walking down the side road,
crossing over, walking back and re-mounting to use the path. Its no
wonder that accidents happen when idiots design such crazy schemes.

If car drivers get stopped by lights, traffic what ever they stop, why
can't a cyclist get off and walk, if that's what's required of him.
What is it with London cyclists, (I say that because I don't see the
same stupid behaviour in the Lakes.) that they feel they must keep
going, regardless, weaving in and out of traffic, riding on the
pavement, going through red lights disregarding pedestrian crossings,
even using dedicated pedestrian pavements, you'd think they haven't got
a spare second to live and sod anyone that gets in their way.
--
Clive