Old September 14th 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Oyster on NR

wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote:
Something I'm not sure I've ever seen is a ticket inspection on board a Tube
train though.

About 3 or 4 years ago I had my ticket inspected on a Jubilee line
train between Green Park and Waterloo. There was a small group of
people in plain clothes standing by the doors when I got on and as soon
as the doors closed and the train departed they whipped out little
police-style leather-bound ID cards and LT badges and fanned through
the car asking to see people's tickets.

I had a similar experience on the West Ruislip branch of the Central
line late last year. However, there weren't too many people on the
train, and they didn't even have Oyster readers to check that I had
validated my card for Prepay. I imagine they were responding to a
specific report of fare evasion.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7