Old August 31st 03, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.transport
Richard Catlow Richard Catlow is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Chris Game wrote in message . ..
James Farrar said:

Presumably talking after a briefing by the National Grid people.

Perhaps.

And even if so, there's no guarantee that the Minister's comments
accurately reflect the content of the briefing.

Come on! You think the posters on here know what they're talking
about? In detail?

I certainly know one or two. Let's see, from memory:

1) The head of NR's electrification design branch
2) The guy who plans all NGT/Railway connections and interactions
3) The chap who investigated the entire loss of Malaysia's Ntional
Grid in 1996 as a result of poor planning and equipment failure
4) Certain staff responsible for the operation of the Railways entire
electriciation network

These are just the ones that I am aware of who post or lurk here. No
doubt there are others who are either active or retired from the
Railway and / or Electricity industries, those whom lurk and never
post and those who we think are doing something entirely different and
happen to fall into one of the above categories.

In my experience, such posters will either:

A) Make persuasive, reasoned arguments to support their case and
publish their references or sources and advance a theory

B) Who will comment in detail once the facts are known

Whereas others stomp about making vaguely political points, cannot
back up their evidence from external sources, offer opinions, make
good points, ask incisive questions and generally behave in the manner
that USENET promotes - nothing wrong in that at all. Just saying that
some posts come across more credibly than others.

Richard

(Anyone like to guess which job he performs out of the list in 1-4
above?)