Old September 14th 05, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Inevitable Cycle Fiasco

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Neil Williams wrote:

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:10:32 +0100, Clive
wrote:

What is it with London cyclists

I could be tempted to counter that with "what is it with London
*people*". I am rarely proven wrong in my observation that, the further
north you get, generally speaking, the more friendly, less rushed and
more pleasant people tend to be.

If that's true, then i suggest that the key bit is "less rushed" - if
they're less rushed, they're bound to be more relaxed, and so more
friendly and pleasant.

I will neither speculate nor comment on any possible connection between
this difference in degree of rushedness and the threefold difference in
GDP per capita [1] between London and the north.

tom

[1] http://epp.eurostat.cec.eu.int/pls/p...2005-EN-AP.PDF

--
The Impossible is True