Old September 16th 05, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default East London Line update

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Iain Archer
writes

Was it not once planned to go through Peckham Rye?

It still is - on the way to Clapham Junction.

When and why was that plan changed?

I don't think it has changed - although the Clapham Junction line is
Phase 2 of the scheme, not Phase 1, and dates for Phase 2 seem a bit
vague!

--
Paul Terry

Maybe I'm missing something here , but given the southern section isn't
actually a "line" but simply a route over pre-existing tracks , what
exactly
is the problem? They could send it to dover via bournemouth if they
were
so inclined. Seems to me all it requires is some pen pusher to rubber
stamp it and a team of workers to spend a weekend putting some
connecting
track in at new cross and thats that. The hard parts as far as I can
see
are building the northern part and converting the current LUL line to
3rd
rail.

B2003