Old September 16th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default East London Line update

"Boltar" wrote in message
ups.com...

Maybe I'm missing something here , but given the southern section isn't
actually a "line" but simply a route over pre-existing tracks , what
exactly
is the problem? They could send it to dover via bournemouth if they
were
so inclined. Seems to me all it requires is some pen pusher to rubber
stamp it and a team of workers to spend a weekend putting some
connecting
track in at new cross and thats that. The hard parts as far as I can
see
are building the northern part and converting the current LUL line to
3rd
rail.

B2003

I understand there is a short stretch at Surrey Canal Rd, where the track
and junctions needs to be reinstated, not sure if the formation is still
available; and a modern 'gold plated' station built. Funding for this is
not yet earmarked but may be in 2006/8 or sometime...

Paul