Old September 20th 05, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Oyster card online store, from US- no joy

"Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604" wrote in message
Hi All,
Just for your information, and for any lurkers,
you CANNOT use a US based credit card in the online
Oyster store. I tried, failed, thought there was
a mistake in may registration, and so when in London last week
called the Oyster Help line, and was told that they were unable.

That's sad, since it would be very convenient to go online
a day or two before I fly, and purchase passes or value to
be picked up at Heathrow when coming in. I currently have
some Pay-as-you-go value on my Oyster Card, but it means if
I want to start out my trip with a 7-day pass (as I have done in
the past), I need to queue for a window or machine at Heathrow,
something to be avoided, if possible.

73, doug

It's most likely and anti-fraud precaution... Most oyster users have
British credit cards, so I guess it's a problem they don't come across too
often.