Old September 21st 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Smith Andrew Smith is offline

Default Shepherds Bush

i happened to walk down the static escalator at the weekend ... it
struck me that stations with just 2 escalators for platform access must
make maintenance bloody difficult, especially in a deep station like
Shepherd's Bush, as they cannot put up hoarding and get passengers to
walk down either using middle steps, or a 3rd escalator ...

nsj wrote:
I see a sign has appeared at the top of the 'down' escalator informing
customers it will be repaired by the end of December.

What a joke. That'll make it about six months.

Does anybody know what is wrong with it?