Old September 23rd 05, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Route 13 Routemasters

In message , Paul
writes

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In message . com, umpston
A contact in Stagecoach bemoaned to me recently that they were only
going to be allowed a small fleetname on the heritage RMs.

I hope there's a proper single traditional livery common to both
services with gold LT or TfL fleetname and that the operators' ID is
banished to the sidelines.

Since it is meant to be a heritage route it should surely be in
heritage 'London Transport' livery!

A variety of liveries, from the many periods of RM operation would be
nice.

If they wanted to the operator could also put their name in large
letters on a suitable advertising poster.

Like another poster (Paul C?) I I likes the Stagecoach London livery and -
while I wouldn't want it as the "standard" for the heritage vehicles, one
would be nice as indicative of an interesting period in the vehicles'
operation.

Can we have a shoplinker one then please!!

That would be fun!

For what it's worth, I think there would have been some merit on running
one of the heritage routes as the erstwhile "Shoplinker". With much
wider use of Travelcards, Oyster and so on people are more likely to
make extra "hop on" journeys when in Central London nowadays and - if my
clients' behaviour is anything to go by, a combined heritage ride and
chance to get easily and above ground between Oxford Street/Regent
Street and Knightsbridge would be very welcome.

As an aside, has anyone ever produced a model in Shoplinker liver?
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk