Old September 1st 03, 12:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default BREAKING NEWS!! Power Cut affecting Railways in the South East

Colin Rosenstiel wrote
[...]
Greenwich was redesigned for fast startup in emergencies. It's a gas
turbine station.

I was surprised to read that it only supplies the emergency lighting

these
days. I understand that on this occasion there sufficient grid

supplies
remained for that. It was built to supply the whole LCC tramway

network so
i would have thought it could supply more.

No Gas Turbine driven generators in LCC days !

I suspect your "redesigned" should be rebuilt with a fresh look at the
capacity required.

--
Mike D