Old September 1st 03, 01:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Just me and the world Just me and the world is offline

Default Traffic wardens

Please remember when replying to this thread that there is a difference
between a:
"Traffic Warden" who is employed by the police force for your region. And
"Parking Enforcement Officer" who is employed by your regional council.

Whilst it is generally acceptable to abuse/run over a Parking Enforcement
Officer because their sole purpose in life is the generation of revenue for
their employers, Traffic Wardens are generally there to keep the traffic
flow moving. I agree that some of the rules they have to enforce are quite
bad, but they don't any money out of it. Unlike their colleagues who are
employed specifically to generate revenue through other peoples misery.

So please ensure you abuse the right person when replying to a thread such
as this one.

Thanks

"David Cowie" wrote in message
The people in black and white uniforms, who do they belong to ?
They patrol the A3 red route from Clapham to Soutwark.

Reason for enquiry, is so I know where to send a suggestion.

I want to know why they are (at least 4 of them) always in a
minibus/people carrier, always stuck in the traffic. This is usually
due to some idiot who's stopped on the red route, which I encounter
further up the road.

Surely it would be better for them to be on scooters ?