Old September 25th 05, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Bus diversion due to closure of Battersea Bridge

wrote:
There is now a long-term diversion of various London bus routes due
to the closure of Battersea Bridge for the foreseeable future,
since it was rammed last week by the M/V James Prior.

The routes involved include 49 and 239, now using Wandsworth Bridge.
Not only are these buses (and other traffic of course) now clogging
up the already clogged streets of Fulham (especially Wandsworth
Bridge Road), but the glee that the drivers are taking in refusing
to pick up any passengers on the diverted route is obscene. If ever
there was exemplicication of the sadism of certain bus drivers this
is it. I hope that their consciences allow them to rest easy at
night.

How does this glee manifest itself? Do they raise one finger at the
queue as they sail past, or what?
--
Richard J.