Old September 25th 05, 07:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Robinson Bob Robinson is offline

Default East London Line update

John Rowland wrote:
Oh! So the Selhurst depot is no longer part of the plan. I wonder why the change? Is this because the planned frequency has dropped from 18tph to

12tph, so the depot requirement has shrunk?

TheOneKEA wrote:
I also wonder at the closure of New Cross Depot - if Wapping and
Rotherhithe are to remain open for Phase 1, New Cross is well suited
for maintaining the stock that could be used for the 'short train'
service for these two stations.

In this way you could run a Dalston-New Cross service using the
four-car 'short train' stock and the normal Dalston-Croydon services
using normal-length trains that skip the two stations on either side of
the tunnel.

Andrew Shepherd of Parsons Brinckerhoff spoke of stabling sidings north
of New Cross Gate and did not refer to a depot. Four coach trains will
be the normal formation on the line. IIRC it is not only Rotherhithe
and Wapping affected by short platforms - isn't Canada Water also short
and on a gradient?