Old September 25th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default East London Line update

Bob Robinson wrote:

Andrew Shepherd of Parsons Brinckerhoff spoke of stabling sidings north
of New Cross Gate and did not refer to a depot.

But he did say that New Cross LUL Depot will be closed. I was merely
stating that it could be kept open and used to maintain stock used for
serving the short stations.

Four coach trains will be the normal formation on the line.

Say what? I thought the 458s or 365s were headed for the ELLX; are the
four-car formations of either short enough to fit in Wapping and
Rotherhithe?

IIRC it is not only Rotherhithe
and Wapping affected by short platforms - isn't Canada Water also short
and on a gradient?

Indeed. I believe it had to get especial HMRI approval, including lots
of interesting signalling to trip rolling trains.