Old September 26th 05, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default Bus diversion due to closure of Battersea Bridge

In message .com,
" writes
Richard J: it is the look of smug satisfaction when seeing a queue,
with several of us hands outstretched and no attempt to slow down. Or,
for example, the other day, a diverted 49 was stuck right alongside the
Northbound bus stop, not moving for about 3 or 4 minutes, and then only
a few yards, and the driver sat there with his virtually empty bus
watching about 10 or 12 of us waiting in the pouring rain. Anyone with
an ounce of humanity would have opened the door to at least enquire
whether he could help anyone on their journey.

I have to say that some of the responses here rather suggest that some
contributors to this forum seem to think that those big red things
chugging along the road, for which we all pay through Council Tax etc.,
are there for some purpose OTHER than getting as many passengers from A
to B (whether via C or D or whatever) as efficiently as possible and
talk of extra stopping time, pirating or that they should not be
picking up "off route" is sheer humbug.

When I drove buses picking up anyone from anywhere other than recognised
stops was prohibited and uninsured. Perhaps you should turn your venom
at the big businesses instead of the man that's trying to do his job to
the best of his ability, or walk, or buy a car.
--
Clive