Old September 26th 05, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Wilson Tony Wilson is offline

Default East London Line closed for 18 months?

Sorry to raise the ELL again after three other posts on the topic in quick
succession, but there is a new consultation leaflet just released on the TfL
website regarding upgrades to Shadwell station (in association with the East
London Line extension), which would be most welcome and improve links to the
DLR.

However, within the text is the statement that

"Shadwell station will have to close for 18 months as part of these works (a
replacement bus service will run during this closure). While the line is
closed...."

So, is the line closing for 18 months or just that station? I don't recall
seeing line closure for such a long period to facilitate it mentioned
before. I know some closure will be needed to convert the line, but surely
for much of the construction period trains can run New Cross to Whitechapel
while building works take place at New Cross Gate and Shoreditch?

Thanks
Tony