Old September 27th 05, 12:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus diversion due to closure of Battersea Bridge

On 27 Sep 2005 05:10:07 -0700, "
wrote:

Let me also make it clear that, in all things, as a human being I would
act as my CONSCIENCE dictated in any event and, if my bus was held up
in a traffic jam opposite a long queue of people, I personally could
not have failed to open the door to see if I could offer assistance. In
the unlikely event that this led to disciplinary action against me, I'd
be more than happy to fight my case and no Industrial Tribunal in the
country would (if it went that far) uphold a dismissal for such an act
of human decency.

Yeah. And when I catch the last 'bus home, which terminates at the
hospital (don't we all :-) but then continues to the depot past the
end of my road, it's only common decency for the driver to give me a
lift. But he's in trouble if he's caught doing it.