Old September 29th 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Waterloo & City Line to Close for 5 Months

snip

or where the 2 min journey time decrease is less relevant.

It's very relevant on a line with only five trains, because you can run
more journeys with the existing stock. How are they going to achieve 2
minutes compared with the current 4?

snip
--
Richard J.

From my understanding its not a exact decrease in journey time obviously you
can't cut an approximately 4-5min journey by 2min. What it is talking about
is journey time capability (JTC) which is a theoretical number which comes
out the end of a stats formula based on the it takes to get between two
places and takes into account things like door opening and closing times and
real journey time.
Andrew