Old September 29th 05, 10:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Waterloo & City Line to Close for 5 Months

Andy wrote:
snip

or where the 2 min journey time decrease is less relevant.

It's very relevant on a line with only five trains, because you
can run more journeys with the existing stock. How are they going
to achieve 2 minutes compared with the current 4?

snip
--
Richard J.

From my understanding its not a exact decrease in journey time
obviously you can't cut an approximately 4-5min journey by 2min.
What it is talking about is journey time capability (JTC) which is
a theoretical number which comes out the end of a stats formula
based on the it takes to get between two places and takes into
account things like door opening and closing times and real journey
time.
Andrew

I've read that three times and still don't understand it. If JTC takes
into account real journey times plus door opening and closing times, it
sounds realistic to me, rather than theoretical. Where do statistics
come into this? And my question remains unanswered: how are they going
to achieve 2 minutes instead of 4?
--
Richard J.