Old September 29th 05, 10:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Smith Martin Smith is offline

Default 312 route becomes 197 - why?

On 29 Sep 2005 08:52:36 -0700, Mizter T wrote:
Bad etiquette to reply to your own posts I know, I just wanted to be
absolutely clear on what I meant...

Mizter T wrote:
What's changed since 3rd September:
* 197, which still starts in Croydon High Street, has taken over the
312 route from Norwood Junction.

i.e. the extended 197 has taken over the old 312 route north of Norwood
Junction up to Peckham.

And the 312 was the southern extension of the original 12 which in my
younger days ran from South Croydon Garage to East Acton, and Wormwood
Scrubs on Sundays ISTR. I think the last time I got a 12 from Peckham
to Shepherds Bush was in the early 80's.

* 312 now runs between South Croydon Bus Garage and Norwood Junction.

My pre-posting proof reading obviously needs some improvement!

--
Martin