Old October 1st 05, 12:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Queensway and Notting Hill Gate

Industrial wrote:
David Biddulph wrote:
"Industrial" wrote in message

thoss wrote:

The announcement at NHG says that Queensway station is closed,
and recommends catching a bus outside the station. I wonder why
they don't suggest taking a Circle or District train to
Bayswater.

Because Bayswater isn't Queensway.

Yes it is. Have you looked at a map?
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=525860&y=180725

No, David. Bayswater is *on* Queensway. It is not Queensway.
Local bus services take you from NHG to Queensway [station], as
does a short walk. It is pointless being re-directed to another
station on Queensway if your directions/instructions are from
Queensway [station]. It makes things too complicated.

In this post, you have failed to grasp the difference between
Queensway [station] and Queensway [the street] -- and you're a LT
anorak. How do you think a foreign chap might cope?

Telling him to take a District Line train to Bayswater and then turn
right on leaving the station is rather simpler than explaining which
exit to use at NHG, where the bus stop is, which bus routes to choose,
and how to know when the bus has reached Queensway station (as it's the
most anonymous LU station I know -- last time I saw it there wasn't even
an LU roundel outside it).
--
Richard J.