Old October 1st 05, 11:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] j.morris@jmcomms.com is offline

Default Whose daft idea was it to close Oxford Street today?

We walked from Baker Street to Westminster today (stopping off at some
places on the way, I might add!) and thought it might be worth taking a
look at Oxford Street on the way.

One thing I noticed was that it was VERY crowded, and it did seem to
have attracted a lot more people than normal.

Maybe it is something that London needed, but my concern is that it's
just a clever way of seeing if it's worth pedestrianising Oxford
Street.

If I'm cynical so be it, but if not - then the question is, where would
the buses go? Where did they go today?

Jonathan