Old October 3rd 05, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default London Congestion charge spreads westward in 2007

Paul Weaver wrote:
forced to risk a dangerous night bus

That's nonsense, and you know it. Night buses may be less than ideal,
but they are not per se dangerous. We don't live in a US movie dystopia.

You are starting with the unproven assumption that transport is
necessary at all. People do not generally *have to* live so far from
their place of employment. The main reason that there is transport
congestion is that there are too many people on the move. They may have
all sorts of reasons for choosing to live and work where they do, but in
our society, that's exactly what it is in the vast majority of cases, a
choice. (AIH, in my case, there isn't a choice. my house, is supplied by
my employer, and is next to the building where I do a lot of my work.)
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9767304.html
(4TC units 418 and 422 and men with red flags at Weymouth Quay, 1985)