Old September 1st 03, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc,uk.transport
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default BBC's UK's Worst

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 15:01:13 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
In article , Andrew
writes
Do you know, I always wondered where the name of Staples Corner came from, I
felt it couldn't be after the office equipment/stationery company, in spite
of their presence.

I'm not sure when the furniture store closed. Guessing wildly, perhaps
15 years ago?

Staples Mattress moved from Staples Corner to Huntingdon in 1986
acording to http://www.myersbeds.co.uk/st_staplescorner.html

I'd be interested to know if anyone remembers which corner
of the junction had the Staples store, and did it close before or after
the E/W North Circular flyover was built.

The myersbeds page refers to a northbound flyover opening in 1976
but I assume that is the A5.

David