Old October 3rd 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default London Congestion charge spreads westward in 2007

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 13:17:51 GMT, "Ian"
wrote:

I wonder why so many people are travelling to work at all. I heard on the TV
last week that 1 in 9 people work from home now broadband is widely
available, although many people in non computer jobs have been working from
home for years. Yet the trains are over crowded in the morning going into
London. Traffic congestion seems to get worse everywhere. Where are all of
these people going?

Are we wrongly connecting "1 in 9 work from home" with "now bb is
widely available"? I doubt that 10% of employed workers work from
home. I'd believe that a lot of people lose their jobs and have a go
at self-employment.