Old October 4th 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default New Fares

TKD wrote:
"Paul" wrote in message

Chris Hills wrote:

asdf wrote:

But the fare increases won't affect journeys from those stations.

While it's a fair point that the train companies ought to start
accepting pre-pay, Mr Pope has ended up looking a bit clueless IMO.

In addition, I believe you cannot use a railcard (eg YP) on Oyster travel cards.

Also the passengers charter says that rail users are entitled to a discount if punctuality falls
below a certain level. This discount does not apply to oyster period travel cards. You know
where you can stick yer oyser Ken!

Not true. Where season tickets are available on Oyster from National Rail
stations (e.g. c2c/SWT etc.) they are sold on the same basis and with the
same benefits.

You would also be eligable to claim under the London Underground scheme
as well as receive the TOC related renewal discount (where applicable).

Oysters website says:

National Rail discount

Question
My National Rail Train Operating Company, gives me a discount on the
price of my season ticket. Will I get the same discount if I get a
season ticket on Oyster?

Answer
Unfortunately not. Many Train Operating Companies offer discounts on
their Travelcards in direct relation to the quality of their past
service performance. Therefore, we are unable to take into consideration
any discounts offered by National Rail Train Operating Companies.

This kind of defeats the main advantage of oyster - buying online.

P.S. Does anyone have any info on how many National Rail stations sell
Oyster?

--
Paul