Old October 4th 05, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Alex Hunt Alex Hunt is offline

Default New Fares

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...fares-2005.pdf

Page 26 of this lists the NR stations selling Oyster Cards:

Barking, Beckenham Junction, City Thameslink, Drayton Park, Ealing Broadway,
East Croydon, Essex Road, Euston, Fenchurch Street, Finsbury Park, Greenwich,
Gunnersbury, Harlesden, Harrow & Wealdstone, Kensal Green, Kensington Olympia,
Kenton, Kew Gardens, Kings Cross (Thameslink), Lewisham, Limehouse,
Liverpool Street, Marylebone, Mitcham Junction, New Cross, New Cross Gate,
North Wembley, Queen's Park, Richmond, South Kenton, Stonebridge Park,
Stratford, Upminster, Walthamstow, Wembley Central, Willesden Junction, Wimbledon

Most (all?) of these are tube/tram/DLR too! Funny that

Yes. There isn't much incentive for say SET to start selling Oyster Cards at Bromley South.

Do SET actually sell Oyster cards at all? I am just wondering as I've
tried to get a SET-based Travelcard before from their stations
(obviously for the passenger charter discount). I've tried Greenwich
(who stared at me blankly as if I was talking some foreign language
when I asked them) and Lewisham have a big sign saying "We are unable
to issue Oyster cards or prepay at present .. sorry for the
inconvience" on the ticket office windows. I saw the notice was still
on there today - not that it looks like they'll be bothering to resolve
that anytime soon.

I've not tried New Cross though (maybe being a NR/Underground station
and not a NR/DLR station makes a difference?). Just wondering if anyone
has actually managed to get one, assuming they exist?

It seems there is quite a difference between the NR stations Transport
For Livingstone believes issues Oyster cards, and the ones that
actually do.

Alex.