Old October 4th 05, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham J Graham J is offline

Default New Fares

Finally we had one saying that it would hit those who don't use Oyster
cards
because many train companies refuse them (I assume he meant don't issue
them). Well I don't see how that forces them to pay cash fares instead

of
using Pre-Pay. OK with through daily tickets there may be an issue but
surely not a huge one in the scheme of things.

My job takes me into London (via SWT and tube) only occasionally, for
which I use one-day travel cards.

How would Oyster benefit me, bearing in mind that it is not accepted by
SWT?

It is unlikely to benefit you at all. However a dramatic increase in cash
single fares and a decrease or freezing of Oyster Pre-Pay fares will not
have a negative benefit on you either and that was the main thrust of
today's announcement. My point was simply that there was nothing in today's
anouncement that significantly penalised those who can't use Oyster cards on
their train services.